Thursday, October 20, 2011

Completion Of Wrath

Been working like lord knows what in order to complete my characters chosen design so that I can crack on with more environment work. So here we are:
Ira (Wrath) Final Concept
My character's name is Ira, latin for Wrath. On the whole comparing her to her previous design nothing has actually changed. However, in choosing to use human studies for my characters design the proportions have changed, she now looks a lot more slender which adds to her emaciated appearance rather than having a fuller figure. Although I've also been using colour in pretty much all of my studies I've now decided that presenting Ira as a monotone figure makes her appear more unique and also very threatening as it appears she is so void of happiness that the space around her has become grey.

On the whole I'm happy with how my character has turned out, and the process of getting from my beginning ideas to this final one has also been interesting when reflecting. However, I would like to improve the outlines in the image, although they are thin I hope to achieve creating art with zero outlines and rely solely on the different colours and textures I can blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment