Monday, April 16, 2012

The Pinhegg - Using The Camera As Art.

I love photography and always have, recently I found out how to make a pinhole camera using an egg. The results that you get from this makeshift camera are astonishing.

The creator behind this pin hole camera egg said that he wanted to "make a special camera, with the purpose of shooting just one photograph. The purpose was to sacrifice the camera in the process of photo creation" and thats exactly what he did. 

By cutting a hole into the egg and smothering it with all sorts of photographic liquids and emulsions to make it light sensitive the egg was ready to shoot its first subject. Below I've shown photos of how the pinhole egg has come along in development:





 This will definately be something that I'm going to try out soon when I get a hold of the things I need, I may even try the same techniques on other objects to make pin hole cameras outu of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment