Sunday, April 15, 2012

Telford MCM Expo

Over the weekend I went to the Telford MCM expo and had a great time. I love going to conventions like these as i always end up making new friends and making connections.

I also made friends with the creator of an up and coming comic as well as his lead illustrator who offered me an interview for some of my artwork as he was looking for new artists to join him for the next volume of the comic which I dare say was pretty exciting, I was actually pretty shocked how friendly people were there. Half the time when you actually get the chance to meet people who inspire you they tend to not live up to your expectations, hence the saying of "never meet your hero", however the people on the stalls of Telford really were excited to meet us all and gave up advice about the industry.

Other things I did while i was there was sample a new Resident Evil game for the Nintendo 3DS which seemed pretty good, although I feel it was a shame that it had to be for the 3DS as that consoles visuals destroyed my eyes and gave me a migrane within a few minutes of using it.

For the expo I went as the Team Fortress 2 RED Sniper. Another reason why I love going to these conventions is because It gives me the chance to make props and other such things that I normally wouldnt attempt to make. As you can see in the pictures below we also met other people cosplaying TF2 aswell. All in all an excellent day, I highly recommend going to conventions like these, cosplay or no cosplay as it really can boost your chances of making connections in the comic and games industry as well as making new friends along the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment