Saturday, November 17, 2012

Food For Thought Bubble

Recently I attended the 2012 Thought Bubble Festival and like last years event, it was amazing.
This year I went as Batman villain, Harley Quinn in the style of the Arkham City video game.
I only went for one day this year as I had another expo to attend the next day but I still could not have enjoyed it any more than I did.

What I enjoyed about the festival this year was that there were a few artists that I had previously spoken to the year before who's ideas where still in development or still being put to the test in the publishing stage, this year I saw most, if not all of those previous artists with their now published comics and books on sale and ready to buy. This made me happy as it gave me hope and the aim to continue persevering throughout my education and career in order to get to where i want to be.
This year I also met some concept artists who had worked in the video games industry, contributing to games such as Tomb Raider and Halo, meeting them really got me excited as I was able to sit with and talk to people who were already masters of their trade and had solid foundations in the industry that I wanted to be a part of.

On the whole the festival this year seemed to give me more inspiration to use on the whole to go towards my artwork and the boost I need to use different medias of work to attract different audiences.

Below are a few photos that were taken on the day of the Thought Bubble Festival:

Harley Quinn - (Batman) & Genderbend Tank Girl - (Tank Girl)

Green Arrow - (Green Arrow), BLU Spy-Crab - (Team Fortress 2) & Harley Quinn - (Batman)

Harley Quinn & The Joker - (Batman)

No comments:

Post a Comment