Thursday, November 8, 2012

NEST Competition - Finished Back Cover


Above is my finished back cover for the NEST competition. Rather than the two birds of paradise at the front I have chosen to turn them both into eggs sitting inside the lettuce nest instead.
Although this back cover is more simple than the front I'd like to think that I've used suitable matching colours for the eggs as I did with the birds in order to make them the focus of the attention and not the flora surrounding them.

If I had to change something about this design I think I would have made it more active, more lively, as right now I feel that there is a lot less going on in this back cover design than there is compared to the front where there were lots of plants and flowers ect.
However I did not have enough time to make this back cover any more lively so have had to keep it this way. Next time I will be sure to look out for this competition as soon as it begins so I have extra time to refine both front and back designs to avoid the sense of lacking that I feel in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment