Thursday, May 9, 2013

Character Concepts - Forest Matron


The Forest Matron (shown on the left) is one of my first characters that I have designed for my world of Golgotha. I have used various references such as Spriggans (Elder Scrolls, Skyrim), Sylvari (Guild Wars) and various female aliens from Mass Effect.
The Forest Matron is made up of wood, bark, moss and various other things that grow on trees. At the moment although she lacks colour I believe the race would primarily be green or varying shades of.

Forest Matrons are tall, elegant and slender in body shape, they have two stilt-like toes that help them to balance when on the ground, the race generally hovers above the earth however.
I have drawn this matrons hair as defying gravity and floating above, I imaging it moves very similar to how hair does when under water, flowing in a beautiful elegant and smooth motion.

I've yet to really add any true detail to the Forest Matron, this sketch is only the very first sketch so she needs a lot of fleshing out, right now I'm not entirely happy with her design or back story so I will continue to create more of a history of her and the race to try and give her a clearer understanding for the viewer. I think that if I do flesh her out in the future I will make her more full bodied, giving her much more detail and varying her appearance such as adding thorny vines, flowery crowns and other woodland aesthetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment