Saturday, October 1, 2011

Development


So continuing with the character development stated previously, iv been trying to breathe life into my guys, adding colour and such. I was surprised actually on how much I got involved with my character, going so far as to write stories about their lives. The following pictures are just a few test samples of the characters iv been making through the help of Photoshop.

Sun(male) & Moon(female) Concept Masks, Fuller image of Female Masked Dancer. 
Emotion Board Of Male Character, Mattah'l Sheq'Sai (present day)
The second is simple an emote board for what the Modern Mattah'l looks like and would look similar to under his mask. In its own way, the two have slight relation to Desmond and Ezio through the Assassins Creed series. Another thing I have been focusing on is creating an environment for my character(s) to inhabit. Below is my first attempt to recreate a mock environment with Photoshop using layers and learning about ways to avoid "destructive editing."
Mock Environment (Before & After)
So far I feel like my skills as an artist are improving and the help of photoshop and other programmes are aiding me greatly. However there are things I need to work on in order to improve, mainly avoiding large block lines when drawing characters and developing them through the programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment