Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Character Metamorphosis

Previously my character development has followed a rather straight and narrow path of humans with masks. However, last night while wrapped up in my nest of quilts I had a new idea, an idea which I now strongly believe to be my final evolution of my characters final outcome: Religion.

Animal Headed Humans + Masked Humans = Religion (?)

The reasons behind this new idea seem quite simple in my eyes, I wanted characters that reflected my beliefs and also characters that would not normally be considered to appear in video games. Infact I can only really think of 2 games that have made solid attempts to include religion in some way or another, Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno. Although I'm more spiritual than I am religious I love the thought of what Angels look like, often feeling like they should look more monster than man.

The characters that I'm currently in the process of doing are human forms of the 7 Deadly Sins and Cardinal Virtues. Each of these characters have their own name, traits and appearence depending on which Sin/Virtue they represent. Although I dont have any tester images of what I've done yet, iv made 2 detailed moodboards listing the above which will give me better insight to what each character will look like. In the end I know Im going to have to narrow the characters down to one or two what with there being so many, but hey ho!

So thats the new path Im now following in my character development, should be an interesting one to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment