Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Skills Behind Storyboarding

Aside from concept art it was my responsibility to create a storyboard for the rest of my team to follow. It was my job to visualize what they wanted the film to look like and it was my job that every thumbnail, every drawing, was done so in a way that my team members could understand in a clear way.

The video below focuses on an up and coming storyboard artist who has been employed to do work on "Batman, the brave and the bold" and talks about his experiences and influences throughout his life.


I believe that story boarding is a key and essential part of creating a game/film/animation as its up to the storyboard artist to convey the ideas of the other production members right down to the slightest camera movements. Without story board artists a team would lose all sense of direction towards their goal. S.B artists are somewhat artistic SAT NAVS that point the rest of the crew in the right direction and are of the highest importance towards getting a successful result.

No comments:

Post a Comment