Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Top 10 Games You Should (Or Should have) Played

These are some of the many games I believe you should have or should play at some point. I'll explain the reasons for why you should play them under each picture.

1. Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg
The reason why I love this game so much is its creativity, its not often anyone gets to play a game based on saving a world of chickens from an evil Raven and his minions. Billy Hatcher is wonderful game, sporting colour, puzzles and an array of crazy looking creatures to both defeat and help aid you in your quest. A must play for anyone who loves the strange and stylized.

2. Super Mario Sunshine

This game was the first one I got when I first played my Gamecube and I have loved it ever since. As usual you play Mario, but this time you have a new friend, FLUD, the water powered jet pack. Its your job to clean up the holiday getaway, Delfino Island, from strange goopy paint that has been terrorizing the citizens. The reason I love this game is that it feels so unlike the other Mario games and seems to have taken a step back from the usual routine to try something new. Bright colours, funky creatures and a ton of puzzles. All you need in a fun little game like this.

3. Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage has always been a personal favorite of mine since its release onto the Sega Megadrive, hence why I was thrilled to download it on Xbox live some many years later. Streets of rage is, in my opinion, the perfect arcade game. Multi player was as good as it got back then, bosses are strange and challenging. Weapons are awesome too.

4. Starfox Adventures

If you love dinosaurs as much as I do then you will love Starfox Adventures, I bought this for the Gamecube and I was amazed at the quality of the graphics, even now I think its a stunning game for its time. The world is vast, colourful and sports an array of different characters that you can befriend and fight. Along with different combat types Starfox Adventures offers challenging puzzles to keep your mind busy and is an overall brill game.

5. Ecco The Dolphin, Defender Of The Future
In my opinion, Ecco the Dolphin is a must have for Dreamcast and Playstation2. Scenery is stunning and although the levels are quite closed there is alot to do, levels have complex challenges and teem with sea life, both friendly and hostile. Levels are varied and objectives range from fish hunting to killing monstrous spiky killer dolphins.

6. Sonic Adventure 
Before Sonic sunk to the bottom of the sea of bad games, Sonic Adventure was one of my favorite games for the Dreamcast which re-released as an xbox 360 arcade game. Being able to play as my favorite characters with their own individual story lines was really enjoyable, what I enjoyed most was that each character had their own unique style of gameplay, as Sonic you control him through fast paced levels, as Knuckles you use your radar to find pieces of the master emerald on a treasure hunt and as Tails you race against sonic and other characters through levels in friendly one on ones. 

7. Conker, Live and Reloaded
Never thought I'd play a game based around the adventures of an alcoholic squirrel, but lo and behold, I got my hands on Conker. A revamp of a previous Conker game, we follow our character through an array of different themed levels, from riding dinosaurs in a caveman themed world to fighting for your life in the world wars. Conker combines cheeky film reference with its own unique story to create something certainly worth playing.

8. Soul Blade
This was the first game I played on the Playstation whenever I went to visit my grandad, Im not sure why this game amazed me so much but it did. For a fighting game I found it extraordinary, different fighting arenas and a mash of different freaky looking characters each with their own storyline gives you plenty of play time. 

9. Okami
There hasnt been many Wii games that i have enjoyed as I've found not many appeal to my choice of genre when gaming, however Okami has proven to be one of my favorite games of all time. I love traditional Japanese art and folk tales, so being able to watch creatures from folk law spring to life in front of you was incredibly appealing. The world you travel through is fast, bosses are inventive and crazy looking and the games unique cell shaded style creates a truly stunning experience. 

10. Jurassic Park - Rampage Edition
Last but not least is the Sega Megadrives, Jurassic Park Rampage Edition. You can choose to play as either Grant, the male protagonist, or the Veloceraptor. Although levels are short they can be quite challenging and I always found it incredibly fun to run around as a Raptor and chomp up people. Although this game is major old now I really suggest playing it as its a short, fun game to play by yourself or with friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment