Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Concept Art - Vrana

Because I restarted my environment I had to create more concept art for what I thought would improve my game level. This included some new concepts of what could replace the dragon statues too. In most fairy tale stories they usually involved dragons or some sort of well known mythical animal, it was then that I took it upon myself to create my own mythical creature which I call the Vrana.


Vrana (Croatian for "Crow") took on the form of winged bird people that wear long black robes encrusted with red jewells. The concept for these statues to live in became more like a sewer than a cave or valley, with small waterfalls running into one main waterway that flowed to the shrine of a Vrana statue. I also did some playing around with the face of the statue, making it look more like a plague mask that doctors used to wear rather than an actual birds face.

No comments:

Post a Comment