Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vrana Concept Continued

After I planned what my new statues would look like I tried to make them appear more realistic, when I tried to model them in Maya i only really used groups of standard polygons rather than challenging myself to create something more life like so i set out to further the concept of the statues whilst still keeping some of its original ideas. In turn this also changed how I felt the environment would look.


This was the turn out, rather than them looking as rounded I gave the statues more drawn out faces and made them look more old and moss covered. Because I wanted them to look like they had been around for hundreds of years it gave me new ideas of what the environment should look like.
The top one took on a more magical setting, with a cherry blossom tree in the middle and the statues perched around the outside of it. This environment would make the character believe they were in a more magical setting. The concept below I used the Vrana statues to create more of an arena/colloseum look, but I dont think that it would connote the sense of being in a fairy tale as much as the concept art involving the tree and the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment