Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Environment - Sound Design

While I've been planning how my new and improved environment will turn out, I've also been looking into sound engineering and what sounds would best suit my environment. Because my game level is based around fairy tales and the overall atmosphere is meant to represent peace, magic and serenity I need sounds that will reflect that too. The sounds that I know I will need to incorporate into my environment include:

Water, the water will be relatively still and will only make noise when the character walks through it, I'll be doing this by adding trigger programming into the water.

Wildlife, because the environment is set in the wild away from all human life, the sounds of wildlife will play an important role to show the isolation, however, I will most likely be using the sounds of insects such as crickets and locusts rather than birds as its not often you find birds in interior environments.

Other possible sounds include the sounds of a breeze running through the environment and perhaps the rustling of grasses and bushes.

Until I make the environment I will have to see what sounds will fit best. So for now I will literally have to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment