Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Environment - Wipe The Slate Clean

After getting the  majority if not all of my environment finished it was time for the BETA testing crit. The objective of this crit was to go around the class and play everyone else's games, commenting on what we enjoyed and what we thought could be improved. Looking at everyone else's games that they had made was an eye opener and being brutally honest with myself, although I had worked very hard to get my environment the way it was, there just wasn't enough in it for it to compare to other BETA games, the mainn problem with my environment was that I don't think I challenged myself enough. I had only made 2 assets in Maya to put into Unity, one being a Cave, the other being a Crow statue which in itself only consisted of a few polygons grouped together. Even though this crit meant the deadline was fast approaching I set myself a goal. To remake the entire game environment, new scenery, new particle systems and most importantly, MORE ASSETS.
In the blog posts to come will explain what new assets and concepts I have brought together and how i have bettered myself from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment