Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Video Game Industry - Creating A Strong Portfolio

Because my interest lays with concept art and 3D modelling in the video games industry I've been doing research into what makes a good portfolio and what will make my work stand out above the rest when a job opportunity arises.

It was then that I found an article on creating the perfect portfolio for the games industry and it proved very useful to me.

The article taught me that I need to look carefully through my art and only use the best that I have and to try and make it memorable for the company.
It also helped ease my mind about lack of experience working in the field as with most games companies, if the person can create solid artwork then experience comes second in priority.

I will continue to develop my art and challenge myself more into creating longer art projects that have a more professional standard about them, I am going to try and get involved with more extra curricular activities such as entering competitions and putting my work up for public crits to see how i can make it better.

 http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/165645/Creating_a_Winning_Game_Industry_Art_Portfolio.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GamasutraFeatureArticles+%28Gamasutra+Feature+Articles%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment