Thursday, October 25, 2012

Leeds College of Art - NEST Competition

Today I decided to enter the college's upcoming competition, the theme is to design an A5 picture that can be as literal or as loosely based around the word "Nest."

I'm really excited about getting on with the designs and have made a page of plans and thought bubbles to try and mind map specific things about the word "Nest" that I like, also one of the reasons why this competition attracted me was due to the word nest being one of my most favorite words.
Although I'm excited about the competition I'm also quite nervous as I know that my work will be judged and discussed before a panel along side the other competitors that have joined.

Another thing I am also nervous of is my lack of time, I only found out about the NEST competition recently and haven't had any time to really prepare which I believe puts me at somewhat of an "underdog" position with the other people who found out about it when it was first released. I won't let my lack of time stop me though and if anything I find that I work better to a tighter schedule rather than a more open one as the pressure helps me to focus on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment