Saturday, November 17, 2012

Texture Brush Tuition & New Practice

Recently I've started using a lot more texture brushes in the production of my work. I've found that they are proving to be extremely useful in making quick work of normally quite drawn out things such as drawing rocks or trees.

Over the past few weeks I have been downloading several different kinds of texture brush packs, both professional and public made in order to see which ones work for me and why they work for me.
The results that I've had from downloading each pack as varied from artist to artist, some of which had not correctly configured the brush presets so came out as big blurs. Other texture packs worked well on a one click basis but lacked in quality so didn't bode well when trying to do high resolution art work.
Some others were just generally nice to use on one click basis and also as actual dominant drawing tools rather than using the standard circular hard edge brush to get the work done which created some nice looking misty edges of test work.




As of yet I've yet to actually create a committed texture brush picture. Although I enjoy using texture brushes and they do at times cut out the middle man of having to draw every little thing in a picture thats also the one thing that I really don't like about texture brushes. Its good that it cuts down time needed to draw repeated things such as trees but thats also the most rewarding thing about making a picture; to successfully create something that you wouldn't normally be able to make or wouldn't want to make.

Because I'm in two minds of texture brushes still I'm going to look up tutorials of how to make my own committed texture brushes to use as substitutes for my circular hard brush rather than one-click-does-all tree brushes. Even still I'm glad that I've experimented with other brushes and different mediums of photoshop so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment