Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thought Bubble Feedback

While I was at the annual Leeds Thought Bubble festival I decided to save some of my concept art onto my phone and show the people it who were running the art stalls.
I was extremely nervous at first because these people already had solid places in their own industries and were already very well known by the people who worked with them as well as the general public, but that same reason that made me so nervous to approach them was also the same reason that made me want to have them look at my work.

My thoughts were that maybe if they saw my work and gave me advice then I could better myself a lot faster by knowing what it is that people enjoy looking at in the kinds of art that I do. Not only that but because it is essentially one enormous networking event I thought it would be a good idea to try and get talking to as many people running the stalls as possible in order to possibly try to make connections for the future providing that I made a good enough impression with my artwork.

Upon showing them my work the feedback I got was overall positive. I showed them my samurai picture as well as a few other similar concepts that I had sketched out. The feedback was generally the same, they liked the depth of the work. I was surprised to hear that as depth isn't really something that I would say that I pride myself in when it comes to my work but it was still very pleasing to hear none the less. It got me thinking that I should definitely try to develop my artwork with regards as to how dynamic it is, be in landscape or the characters actions in shot as well as the overall emotion that I'm trying to get across in my work.

At the end of it all I spoke to some extremely influential people who's work I loved looking at, I even got the personal business cards of some of them and will send them emails with more of my work in the future so that I can get more feedback.
Overall Thought Bubble has been a very successful event for me this year and I can't wait for next years event to come back around so that i can do the same again but with hopefully more improved artwork with more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment