Monday, January 28, 2013

VFX After Effects Induction 4

This was the last proper induction that we had with Mike Flower and today we were taught more in depth processes of animation, we were given various pictures of sunflowers, hills, moutains, clouds and solids to make a steam powered car.

We were told how to repeat cycles of a shape, we used square wheels on our little car to show how they were moving constantly and taught special code to make the wheels constantly spin.
I'm not sure on the code that was used to make the wheels spin constantly but I will have to talk to Mike about it or do my own research into the different codes that can be used withing After Effects.

Mike also taught us that nothing that moves has a straight line of animation, everything that moves is in curves and wobbles, I found this to be quite useful as its helped me to make my drawings more dynamic through applying the 'curve' technique to the pose. I'll hopefully be able to practice this with further animations too.

Even though that was our last after effects induction with Mike I'll definitely be going to see him in his office if ever I do more After Effects work, its also given me more confidence that he seems to have taken interest into my future module prospects of doing a concept art cinematic and he said that he would help me with that which I look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment