Monday, January 28, 2013

VFX Modelling My Ship Interior In Maya

Here are some screen shots of some of the assets I made for my spaceship interior.  I've tried to make each asset reflect the horror/thriller genre that I want my film to be. The picture above shows a trio of skins that have been stretched with over sized chains, I got inspiration for this particular asset design from the game 'Silent Hill - Downpour' when protagonist Murphy comes into brief contact with a creature known as 'The Monocle Man'.
This screen shot is more of a development to the stretched skins, the skins themselves are one object, however to make the scene more disturbing and industrial I created pipe-like objects going into and around the walls, the chains of the skin are made to look like they are bound to the piping. I referenced various scenes from the 'SAW' films to create this asset.
This shot shows a birds eye view of the 'corridor' that my actor will walk through in the scene, the purpose of this walk way is to amplify the horror aspect of the scene by separating the harsh rusted metal textures with the fleshy organic walk way in the center of the room. 
The final screen shot is a close up of the fleshy cocoons that are littered around the walk way, I will be duplicating some of them to have growing out of the floor further away from the actor and out of the line of his walking path, they are made of the same organic material as the walk way and are meant to represent cysts growing from the floor of the ship, these cysts reflect the aesthetics of the Alien also.

I will continue to develop the assets of my environment, I am in the process of making large chains to hang from the rafters of the scenes roof, these chains and various hanging objects will give the environment the purpose and feel of a demonic industrial slaughterhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment