Monday, January 28, 2013

VFX Special Effects



As part of this module I will have to create various special effects for my short film. As an example of this I have used video 'When Gordon Met Chell' to show various combinations of how special effects can be used to convey various emotions and situations.

The reason why I love this video so much is that It has pretty much every component ofeach effect that I would like to use in my film, including laser beams, explosions, collapsing structures and even spaceships which I have used for inspiration.

Upon seeing this video and the effects that they show it makes me wish that we had been offered more insight on how to even get started making things such as collapsing buildings and realistic laser beams.
Even though we haven't been given any tutorials for how to create anything like what is shown in the video I will definitely be using tutorials in the future in order to improve my After effects skills and hopefully create effects like these, even possibly apply said effects to my own short film in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment