Thursday, March 7, 2013

VFX My Finished Product


Above is my finished short film for my VFX module. Overall I'm very happy with it despite doubts in the first few stages. I didn't expect that I would be as happy with the finished product as I am and have been given positive responses when I've shown people outside of class.

The thing that I found most challenging whilst creating my film was the sound design. I think the reason that I found the sound design to be tricky was down to the fact that the genre I had chosen for my film required me to find specific sounds and sounds that would create feeling by themselves in order to generate a successful thriller/horror short.

The other thing that I found to be challenging whilst creating my short film was the tractor-beam effect that is shown when the alien spaceship zaps Tim up onto the ship. The reason I found this part of the film to be difficult was because I couldn't find an effect on After Effects that provided the desired look for Tim being zapped into the ship. However I managed to combine various effects including Light Beam to make a more realistic teleport that I was happy with. 

If I could go back and change something about my film it would  be the spaceship environment because when I was in the process of developing it in Maya I kept the poly count quite low which reflected in the film itself as some assets, such as the cocoon, looked quite blocky and low quality as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment