Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Change of Plans and my new Pro forma

Over the course of this most recent module I've had high hopes of making my very own opening game cinematic using After Effects and my own concept art. For this initial idea I had already designed and planned out a lot of work, including character plans, scripts, narrative casting, music and various pieces of concept art. Originally I thought that everything was going to go well timed and organised. What I didn't count on, however, was that I got Measles.

Because of getting Measles I was bed ridden and under quarantine for over a week which as to be expected threw my timetable completely off course. Being unable to do hardly any work at home sent me into a bit of a panic as I knew that I wasn't going to be able to get anywhere near to my animating stage in After Effects as I still needed to do the rest of my concept art first. Instead of panicking anymore about it I decided to change my proforma criteria.

Rather than trying to animate my concept art I decided that instead I would design more concept art of more creatures that would live in the world that my animatic is set in. Even though this means having to draw up A LOT more work I now feel very much more calm and happy with the result that I'm going to produce without the weight of having to rush an animation.

As well as drawing up a lot of concepts I'm also going to do various size charts for the concepts I create, character sheets, descriptions, backstories and food chains. I hope to make each character as detailed as I possibly can with their own unique feel and personality that reflects upon the world of Golgotha.
The transmedia side I think will be more based around a watercolour book of some kind that translates the creatures in a different light.

No comments:

Post a Comment