Thursday, May 16, 2013

Finalised Transmedia Decision

After thinking more about how my project could be reflected through the transmedia process I have decided to create a bestiary or creature compendium.
It is my aim to create a small book that looks as if it has been discovered in my world of Golgotha and was written by a scientist / natural biologist who has adventured around the world documenting various species of mammal, insect, sea creature, avian and plant life that he has encountered on his journey.

The book itself is going to look tattered and worn, as if it has been lost in the mud and dirt for a long time prior to its owner documenting their findings in it.
I'm using my little sketchbook, staining each page with tea to give it a worn look and may burn some of the edges to make it look even more tatty. Each page will have various drawings and sketches of the fauna and flora of Golgotha as well as first person descriptions from the view of the scientist writing about each new discovery. The book and form of documentation is very similar to that of how Darwin documented his natural findings when he was exploring.

Even though we aren't obliged to create our transmedia artefacts I will be making mine as its given me a good reason to use mediums of artwork outside of just using the computer and thumbnail sketches as I usually do. I've begun staining a lot of my pages of the notebook and will start to document various 'discoveries' that are found throughout my world. Even after this module is complete I think I'll continue to create thsi creature compendium and various other ones in order to better myself in different mediums of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment