Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First Hand Field Research - Animals

As part of my research into various animal concepts I went to a place called None Go Bye farm over in the countryside. The purpose of coming here was to take snapshots that would give me suitable first hand referencing of animals that I could use to create monsters for my world.

Even though this time on my visit there weren't any exotic animals like there normally is I still managed to take some nice photos of various farm animals and various breeds of bird.

The posture that this duck was displaying could be useful for referencing carnivorous reptiles or other birds of prey. His red fleshy mask is also very interesting as is the dimorphism between the male and female.







I took a photo of this rooster because of its various colours and the muscular shape of its body.


I was quite disappointed with my trip to None Go Bye farm as all the animals that are normally there weren't on that trip. I did enjoy getting the snaps of the animals that I did see and was able to get a lot of suitable references for possible creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment