Thursday, May 9, 2013

Character Concepts - Saurians

The Saurians are an ancient tribe of dinosaur-like humanoids who inhabit the majority of my world, Golgotha. They are one of the oldest races of the world and can thrive in almost every part of Golgotha.
I have depicted them to have a combination of both carnivorous and herbivorous characteristics as they are omnivores and eat both meat and vegetation.

This first image is of the initial design that I made of the Saurians. This representation of them is slightly more carnivorous looking than the secondary version that I have made, the colour scheme of the left Saurian is based on that of a Long-tailed lizard, the Saurian in the middle is a more desaturated and mottled earthy tones that I imagine some Saurians would need in order to blend in more.


This other image is a more fleshed out and finalised version of the Saurian species, or at least one species of them. I plan on creating more kinds of Saurian depending on where in Golgotha they live.
Unlike the previous sketch, this version of the Saurian is more based around herbivorous dinosaurs and present day reptiles. I also decided that the previous designs were too bare and lacked proper tribal outfit so kitted them out with shoes, bone wraps and a prehistoric sword to give it a more detailed feel.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the results of this design and I'll continue to create further designs for the Saurian race to hopefully get a true feel for the different sub species of this creature that inhabit Golgotha.

No comments:

Post a Comment