Thursday, May 9, 2013

Guild Wars 2 - Opening Cinematics


This guild wars 2 cinematic is my main source of inspiration for my own animatic.
The reason why I love these cutscenes so much is that I adore how beautifully animated the cinematic is and I especially love the colour theory.

Some parts of the animatic itself are animated incredibly simply, using After Effects to move each piece slightly. Even with some scenes that include minor movement the other combinations of particle effects and transitions between scenes makes for a truly stunning introduction to the character as well as insight into the backstory and history of the race that the player has picked.

Its this style of concept art that I am most interested in trying to produce and I will continue to use this video as reference for my work and inspiration in the future to one day hopefully create similar concept art and cinematics such as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment