Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Character Concept 1 - Seraphim Snake Moodboard & Inspiration

As part of my idea for my seraphim snake idea I have collected a series of ideas that have inspired me in making this character and how I think they have influenced my ideas as shown below.


One of my main inspirations for creating this design was Bayonetta, having played the game several times I know that they had taken great time and effort into designing their angelic monsters for the game. One of my favorite angels in the giant snake creature that had control of the winds. 


I made some designs for the environment of what the seraphim snake could live in. I imagined its habitat to be vast and very pure looking, I also made it to look like the environment is more suitable for a creature with wings such as the seraphim snake rather than other legged flightless creatures.


I also studied the other angel creatures and studied their anatomy, looking at how they are built and designed for serving God and living in heaven. I used this information and my own religious knowledge of the anatomy of angels to design the aspects of my seraphim snake idea.
I think I will keep this idea but im not really sure about if I will act upon it in this particular module. In the future I will make my own concept art for him and further his development but for now I feel like his design wasn't well enough planned to consider refining so I will make new moodboards for my next character plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment