Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Character Concept 2 - Clouse Moodboards & Inspiration

 
When we first began plotting different ideas for our machinima characters this was one of the first ones i thought of. His name is Clouse and he is an anthro cloud that can float and behave as a cloud does but also walks on the ground, although when walking on the ground could be confused or mistaken for a sheep by people passing by. My main source of inspiration for designing Clouse was the recent viewing of a new guiness beer advert, the advert told the story of a unique cloud, different from all other clouds that set out on a journey to experience different things and helping people along the way. This made me imagine what the cloud would look like if it had a face and was placed in a more cartoony world, hence Clouse was born.







I made various different colour schemes for him and thought carefully about what kind of story Clouse could be in along with the more technical side of animating him and preparing him for said animating through modelling and rigging. One main thing that is putting me off from taking this design any further is his general anatomy, he is built to walk on four legs and/or float in the air but our brief states that the characters we make must be bipedal. I know that if I were to model and animate Clouse his anatomy would mean that him walking upright would cause his face to face the sky as he lacks a neck or any other joint to afford this kind of movement.

That said I wont cast the idea out just yet and will discuss with my team mates what they think of his design and the ease of creating when it comes to modelling. For now I will focus on designing a character that stands on two feet rather than floating and walking on four.

No comments:

Post a Comment