Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mammoo Modelling - Finished Result

This is the finished design of my Mammoo character, now that its fully rigged, weight painted, UV mapped and constrained he cane move freely in  many different poses whilst looking bright and colour. I'm really happy with this character as I spent a lot of time refining it in order to make it the best of my ability and even though some parts of it's making up to this point have been nothing short of hell I'm proud that I've managed to stick to it and create a fully functioning character that I'm very happy with. 




 
However, if I had the time to do so I would make a few changes to how Mammoo looks. Firstly I would turn his tail into an actual piece of geometry as when I was modelling him I forgot to add his tail, meaning it had to be drawn on when he was UV mapped. Another thing I would improve would be his general look, I already adore how he looks now but if I could I would deffinately make him more true to his design that I initially made and add the stray wooly strands that sit on top of his head and around his legs. I did infact create the ones for his head through extrusion of the faces however when smoothed it didn't look right so I deleted them, I believe they would have looked better if i had more time to add the little extras that I drew him with but overall I'm still happy with his final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment