Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Refined Robot Concept



As part of our agreed plot for the surveillance machinima I had to design a robot as one of the characters to be modelled for the animation, going on my team mates designs and initial ideas I first created a character that both my team mates liked the look of, however we came to a conclusion that the first design looked too much like the design for the Iron Giant so I instead came up with a more menacing design shown below.

After making this quick draw up I showed my team mates and they agreed that this was the design we would use in the animation, I'm happier with this design because the character generally looks more menacing and evil as he is meant to be plus he also looks more adapted to life in the ice tundras that our animation takes place in.

I would have liked to have done a better drawing of this design but because the team decided later I had to stick to drawing a more simple turn around pose with one colour drawing to give enough information to my team mates who were modelling the robot only lacking in my usual digital detail that I like to put in my artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment