Monday, January 28, 2013

VFX Improved Concept Art - Alien

After doing more research into what I wanted my alien to look like I did some studies of some of the monsters of the Silent Hill games. It wasn't so much the design of each Silent Hill monster that i was looking at more than how they appeared, I studied how each monsters skin looked in conjunction to what my environment was going to look like and what the personality of the alien would be.

As an end result I designed this creature, although its still in its rough stages I really like the design that I've made for the alien so far. I'm not sure about how easy someting like this will be to model in Maya alone, I imagine that I'd had to constantly extrude faces of the model to get it looking even remotely lumpy and bobbly like this example so I think I'll look into using other programs like Zbrush and Mudbox to craft all of the lumps.

I'm not sure on the colour sceme as of yet, currently its keeping to a mottled human colour rather than being too eccentric although I can see this changing soon as I want an alien that looks unique compared to others that people would usually think about.
My next step will be to refine his look and to experiment with colour and blending, after that I'll be able to pick my final outcome and begin modelling with any luck, so far I'm very much enjoying making the concept art for this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment