Monday, January 28, 2013

VFX Initial Concept Art - Alien


To start off with my Alien design drew up a few studies of the human skull in various positions, I then modified each copy with more alien-like features to create different concepts. The first one I designed resembled a fish or swampy  underwater creature complete with a large boney head fin, boney frills either side of its face and a large jaw. The next design I created didn't really resemble any kind of earthly animal, I gave it a large gear shaped head and a huge jaw that sticks out far away from its face. Although I like the head design for this alien I really couldn't decide what its jaw should look like and what kind of teeth it would have, leaving the end result looking less than satisfactory to me.
The last design, "Blind Eye", had to be my favorite as he is disturbingly human-like. When designing him I wanted to make a creature that was sporting some kind of large display crest either on top or around the head, I feel that I've achieved this with Blind Eye, I also loosely based his design on Egyptian Pharaoh coffins as he has the large appendage on his bottom jaw.

These designs are only my first initial sketches that I've made for any kind of aline creature in my film. Soon I will be looking at some of the creatures seen in the Silent Hill games and use the concept art that they have as reference for more work to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment